Creating in 2012!

Generally I try to take my own advice. Yep. Good policy right? :D Probably a good idea not to be a hypocrite if you can possibly help it. LOL

So here's a look at what I have been creating (besides jewelry) since January 1st. I am trying to get ahead of my greeting card swaps and trades, my ATCs (primarily I use these for holiday displays and tree ornaments), and charitable cards. I have an upcoming large commissioned album order later this month so I want to leave lots of time for that project.

Doing these smaller card projects ahead of time is keeping me on track and using up stash in a beautiful way. Win, Win. And I end up with lovely usable cards from friends in the process. WIN!

Here is a peek (and how many of each).



Now these blue items above were on my desk from the last ATC holiday/winter card swap in 2011 --so I used them up for more Get Well/Be Well cards. You know me, no wasting! And they were beautiful elements so I put them to use for cards for later in the year. Be Well x 12 cards. I will just set those aside until I need them.



Dream Little Princess card x 12. Made for the January Baby Congrats swap--my entry.




Congratulations x 12
And this one is Mary's (my mom's) entry for Jan swap. I make them for her and put them in the swap for her. She gets the completed cards all at once in December as my gift to her. She loves handmade things but is getting older now and she doesn't craft much anymore. Love you, Mom!



January ATC swap TIME theme. x 20 because I made some to gift next holiday as ornaments. I used Kraft resist paper, distress inks, and crackled the clock face. Heat embossing silver on the edges gave it a true vintage feel. Thanks Jenny, for the Pottery Barn ribbon which I stamped and spritzed! :D



Valentines x 18 LOVE with a real vintage redwork pattern paper, toile paper, ribbon, twine, a grunge and crackle heart, and glittered grunge board key. I saw a similar idea online and said "You know, I HAVE all that stuff!" (Or something very like) -- So I made these with a few changes.



Operation Write Home pop up vintage Valentines x 16 for the soldiers to use. The vintage clip art child is highlighted with a mini heart brad. I had to remember--No glitter on cards for the soldiers!




My entry for the Feb Birthday card swap x 12 hand colored with Copics and glitter wording.



Mary's (my mom's) entry x 12 February Happy Birthday card silver embossed swap with mini brads and a luscious band of silver heat embossing.



ATC swap for February with a 1920s winter theme colored with Copics and Stickles I made this one x 15 also to have extras. These are packed in blue organza bags I had left over from the wedding.



My tri-fold March card x 12 for Sympathy/Condolences Swap entry. Nice tuck in Condolences card in a vellum pocket and the interior also has a saying.



Entry for my mom in same March swap. x 12. Very elegant with tassel and flocked papers. inside has a nice condolences saying.



Operation Write Home St Patrick cards for the soldiers x 20. Vintage clip art and green gems on their hats! Again no glitter! :D



St Pats card Just For You x 16 for Operation Write Home cards for the soldiers to send out. Hand colored with Copic markers.

That's at least 150 projects since January 1st. Averaging ten items a day! I hope I keep this average up. It's a wonderful way to use my stash. I hope it has inspired you to make something this week!

Blessings!

Comments

Kitty said…
You sure have come a long way from when you first started. I still remember. All your cards and scrap books are beautiful.
Tina Campbell said…
Wow wow wow Rock impressive cards and such! and were only through half the month.
Karen said…
You do such beautiful work, Rock! Way to go on being so productive this year! Can't wait to see what the remainder of the year has in store!
Renée said…
You are rocking it Girl! Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download