Works in Progress

Progress is rolling along here! 
I sewed on Friday Sat and a little on Sunday too. I got several more Works In Progress done. These are things that don't really qualify as older UFOs (Unfinished Objects) because I had not started them before the current calendar 2013 year. Anything cut into and started before Jan 1 2013 is a UFO. Anything started after that is a WIP.  The totes and the potato bags were all free motion quilted so I am linking up to Leah Day.s Free Motion Quilting Project.


Here are my WIPs number 17 to 20. These are tote bags of varied sizes using up osme of my Mary Engelbreit fabrics that were given to me about 6 months ago by a friend. I am keeping the large one. Gifting the others which are lunch bag sizes. These were done a few weeks ago.

WIP number 21, also done previously ,was the Mary Engelbreit porch sofa quilt mentioned in another blog post.

Done on Friday, my WIP number 22 is a set of pillowcases to gift my daughter in law on her upcoming birthday. These match the blue Lone Star quilt seen in other posts that I made for my son. The set will live in their guest room. :D The tutorial I used for these Twittletails 15 minute pillowcases is here: 


 

The four potato storage bags (WIPs number 23 to 26) are another spontaneous project. started a few weeks ago and finished Saturday. These were inspired by a comment my daughter in law Steph made one day.  The one rolled up and tied with a tag and twine is a gift for her. I made four of them because I had to buy a yard of the tater fabric. Otherwise I would have made just two of them. But these are for storing your potatoes in...NOT for baking them in. As mentioned, one is a gift for my daughter in law, one for my daughter in May, one for me and one for my mom for Mother's Day.  I kind of made up my own pattern from a fat quarter, added batting and lining and quilted it. I zig-zag stitched the side seams and boxed the bottom. My top binding is pretty wide so it looks more substantial. Thin binding just would not have looked right. Handles were a must-have addition when moving potatoes! Yep, its gonna get dirty so it is well made and completely machine washable. Better than a plastic sack!

 Last night was card making night for me and I made 4 different sets of eight cards using all stash I had here. I love them! Here are the pics. All are condolence cards made last night for swaps. Whoohoo! Love it when a project is DONE!






On now to quilting WIP number 27 which is going to take me a while. It's a sofa quilt for my daughter Jen for her birthday.  That's a post for another day! :D

Get crafty--and keep moving toward your creative goals.
Kathy
with 7 UFOs done and 26 WIPs done in 2013!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download