Updates! So many hobbies, so little time...

It has come to my attention (Thank you, Vic!)  that I have not updated this blog in a while. Too busy running the ScrapperChallenge Yahoogroup, SC Facebook page, getting to know the new darling grand daughter, enjoying the Christmas holidays and so on.
(Gingerbread house by my daughter and her hubby)

Here is a  sampler of what I have been up to lately since October.

Quilting:
 1930s quilt in progress using the exploding star tutorial from Missouri Star Quilting.

Bitty Blocks from Quiltmaker magazine.

 Four table runners in winter blue fabrics for the living room for a challenge on Stashbusters.

 Variable Stars for Barbara Brackman's Civil War block of the week.

 Dear Jane Stickle blocks for an ongoing challenge.

 Gifts for next Christmas.

 Finishing my Grand Illusions Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2014-15 quilt. Love it! All from scraps and small bits of the stash.

A Civil War fabrics block swap. I am participating in 3 kinds of 12 inch finished blocks --swap and challenges--for an eventual sampler and these particularly were a fun one to do.  I am also working on my Sylvia's Bridal bed quilt from the Elm Creek book series with a small group of friends. Busy sewing these days, yes, but I love it.

And a little Leah Day blockbuster free motion quilting.

Papercrafting and Scrapbooking:
Getting ready for two full days of scrapbooking this week alone. Packed up 81 kits with photos and all. I plan to power through them! Wish me luck.


I have also been making cards and layouts through the year. Not only for the baby book I was working on this Fall, but more. Here is just a peek. So much fun!





 Not paper crafting but rather a wool felted stocking for a little someone special.

 And a little something sweet.

Shopping and Antiquing:


which includes Vintage Sewing Machine shopping:



and the consequential Decluttering to make room for the good stuff:



Have a great week. I hope to update here a little more often. Smiles...
  

Comments

Vic in NH said…
Hooray, you're back!!!! And what a great catch-up post with all your many doings. Thanks so very much for sharing all your love here.

One very small correction; the Barbara Brackman blocks are Sawtooth or Variable Star rather than Ohio. Geez, I'm such a dang nit-picker, LOL!
Thank you Vic, you are right about that star block name. Good catch! Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download