I love my acrylic stamps!!
I have about 20 sheets of Acrylic stamps now. I love them and wanted them to be together and mobile. I usually scrap away from home at least twice a week. I want storage that is truly innexpensive, is easy to view my stamps, will not 'dump out' in transit, and is compactly portable.
Here is what I came up with... I made it from a secondhand store zippered day planner binder, extra 12x12 chippboard cardboards, and some extra 8.5x11 page protectors.
zippered day planner binder that is larger dimensions than your scrylic stamp sheets.
staples and stapler
page protectors 8.5x11
hand held hole punch
cardboard pieces (I used 12x12 and 8.5x11 cut them down.)
my acrylic stamps, block, ink pad to store in binder
optional- reuse the dividers from the day planner to label stamp catagories.
My binder as it looked when I got it secondhand.
1. Cut cardboard pieces slightly larger than the acrylic stamp sheets that you want to store.
2. Measure your stamp sheets and make your cardboards about 1 inch longer and wider. Cut cardboards. Insert the new correct size cardboards into a 8.5x11 protector. Cut off the open top of the protector so it is flush with the cardboard.
3. Fold over the opposite edge (top of the above photo) and staple in 3 or 4 places along edge to make the protector 'narrower' in the binder.
4. Use the hole punch to punch out any needed extra holes in the white edging where the binder rings go. (bottom of the above photo near my thumb.)
Your finished pages should look like this below. You can add stamp sets to both sides of each cardboard in each page protector
5. Place all acrylic sheet plastics into the new resized page protectors.
6. Add in your acrylic mounting block at the front of the binder and one pad of ink. I use black ink a lot. So in those go. They won't fall out because the unit has a zipper!
7. Lastly add rub on lettering to identify what is in the binder. I placed mine on the vinyl cover. Poof! You are done! Now your acrylic stamps are organized and mobile!! If you need more than one binder, make two or three and just keep different catagories of stamps in each one.
I love my new storage method. Now when I need to stamp, I can quickly leaf through my choices, pull out a sheet, peel off the right stamps and work away! Clean up is a breeze too. I just use a wet wipe on the stamps and tuck them back in their page protector homes.
I hope this inspires you to create some great recycled storage that is useful to you. :)