Thursday, December 27, 2007
My Top Ten Time Wasters!
I think the following issues have sucked up wayyyyyyyyyyy too much of my time
in 2007. I resolve to not let that happen so much in 2008!
1. Unclear goals: my goals have not being clear --and set --in a
couple aspects of life. So I go in circles more than I need to.
2. Lack of Scheduling: my genealogy project goals are not scheduled
so I am allowing long term interruptions.
3. A Drop and Go Mentallity: my drop and go tendancies in my craft
workspace are a bother later on. Good thing I use clear storage! I
will try to make my "Drop and go" tendancy into a "Drop into storage"
4. Biting off too Much: I have been attempting too much in too short
a time. No, you cannot completely reorganize a jam-packed 1000 square
foot space in 4 hours. Small steps, Kathy small steps.
5. Getting Sidetracked: this is especially true online-- I need to
FOCUS not continually browse online. :) Ideas are NOT actions.
6. Lack of Delegation/lists: Ineffective communication or delegation
to my family. They need to know what I want done and when. LISTS will
help them--and me.
7. Knick Knack Syndrome: I don't like knick knacks (thanks Grandma
Helen!) but I do love antiques and garage sales, so I constantly fight
having a cluttered home, desk. I want to focus JUST on keeping
heirloom items from my family and not random antiques.
8. Procrastination/lack of self-discipline. See # 5 This can also
apply to dishes and laundry. LOL I love my family, I love my family ... :)
9. Not Understanding Technology: Yes for me this is a time waster. I
wish I understood more so I wouldn't be so stumped when trying to
reach certain goals!
10. Shopping for Bargains --especially storage containers and
organizer storage. When I need something for my space, I want to get
the best deal or recycle something to use for it. Usually this is a
great way to go. But This sometimes means I spend more time LOOKING
for the right storage bargain instead of doing the actual organizing
or just scrapping. I can always avoid buying scrapbook supply stash
--but rarely can say no to a great basket, bin or container! :)
What is standing in your way? Do you have ten time wasters to share?
Let's tackle this together!!