Brownies In A Jarfrom
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips or HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Layer the ingredients in a clean 1-quart glass canister or jar in the following order (from bottom to top): sugar, cocoa, flour mixture, peanut butter chips and small chocolate chips. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle each layer before adding the next one.
3. Cover jar and attach baking directions (see below). Makes 1 gift jar.
Baking Directions: Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Combine 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted and cooled butter and 2 slightly beaten eggs in a large bowl. Gently stir in jar contents. Spread in prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
As excerpted from Hershey's Celebrates Each Season
Of all the gift in a jar recipes, I think this one is my absolite fave crowd pleaser. No one turns down brownies! From old to young, its a great gift.
You can also print out a great gift tag with the recipe on it from OrganizedChristmas.com here