Art and Motherhood CAN Co-exist

Oh yes they can! :)

I guess I am living proof of that after all these years. ;D

But another younger generation is saying the same thing and I say bravo to Shona Cole for that!
The Artistic Mother
available at


http://www.amazon.com/Artistic-Mother-Practical-Fitting-Creativity/dp/1600613489/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267309935&sr=8-1



It is a wonderful thing to be able to create your own version of art and to care for your children--at the same time! You don't have to give up one for the other or wait for the children to be grown to get creative. Do it now. Don't be so hard on yourself --or your kids. Create with them and for them and enjoy the process.

It can be done. I have been crafting all my half-century of vibrant life. I have gone from mud pies and hop vine baskets with my sister on the farm to the writer, teacher and artist of today. I have been crafting with my two children at my side for almost 25 of those 50 years. I ran a very successful in home craft cooperative and sale with 6 other moms of small children for over ten years. We crafted with what we all brought. It was a very "green" way of doing things as we had almost NO budget.

We crafted, sewed, drew, glued and wove at one large dining table with-- get this--a grand total of 16 children either helping us or playing in a room nearby! Of course we had interruptions and snack-y messes and so many chuckles along the way. Creating for us was not always efficient or trendy. But we were very innovative and creative. We were not perfect and we didn't wait for the timing to be perfect either. We got busy because being creative was part of us. Combine motherhood and art in your life. It can be done --and done in a wonderful art-full way.

Read more about how you can do it at

http://shonastudio.blogspot.com/

Start now. Don't wait--create.

Comments

Trudy said…
You are so inspiring. I wanted to let you know that I have formed a group where we will be going through the projects of Shona's book together. Would you mind mentioning it? I feel this could help a lot of women to put into practice the vision that is in Shona's book of doing art each day even while you have children just like you have done. I would be so appreciative if you could help me get the word out.
Thank you so much for your consideration.

Trudy

http://artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-artistic-mother-group-forming-i.html
{raisingAlexis} said…
awesome! I can't wait to get ahold of this book!
Shona Cole said…
I am so excited to read this post! it is so good to hear someone who has lived that life. we can do both, be good moms and do art - just a matter of planning and vision etc... thank you for sharing this :)
shona cole
...and thank you Shona for writing sch a great book! I hope it is very successful for you. That entire process of writing and promoting can be exhausting. (I did it with How to Organize Your Scrapbook Workspace thru MM books) Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download