Practicing with my Copics!


Stampin Up image colored with Copic markers.


Lilies by Stampin Up colored with Copics
Bird by Hampton Art colored with Copics


Strawberry Shortcake and Friends printout from Hasbro website coloring
pages colored with Copics


Whee by My Favorite Things colored with Copic markers


Hero Arts Happy Girl stamp colored with Copics


Do you love to color? I do!
Most of us remember it as being an enjoyable pastime from our childhood years. I think it's time to rekindle that love of coloring, line art images, markers and paper! I am so inspired by the artists at Papertrey, Hero Arts, Caardvarks, Daily Marker, Capture the Moments, and all the other cardmaking and coloring blogs and websites. I decided to get a few Copic alcohol ink markers and see what I could do.

Watching Jennifer McGuire and Susanne J Dean on Youtube video tutorials helped me get started on the right foot. I still have lots to learn but I must admit this is just plain FUN! :) It does take me back (about 40 years) to my childhood love of crayons and coloring books.

I started with 6 colors: Two greens and two blues and a color remover and a shadower. I figured that I love blue flowers so I would start there.

0- this blender pen is actually more like a color remover/bleaching agent for lightening what you have done, correcting mistakes, or for highlighting to white.
YG11 light green
YG03 another green
C1 pale grey for shadows
B00 Palest blue
B95 medium blue

Now I just keep a little bag packed with my Copic markers, a stamp set or two, my cardstock, a couple of pattern papers, pop dots, scissors, and adhesive. It fits in a small tote bag. Portable, creative, stash-busting--and FUN.

Here are some of my Copic cards from the last two weeks. As you can see, I shortly branched out from my blues and got more colors!

Rockester

Comments

Linda W. said…
Oh Rock! Last year I joined the Copic movement - and all I can say, is where have they been that I didn't find them before then? Aren't they the most awesome coloring tool we can have! Your cards/images are just the BOMB! Keep up having fun! I put up an Easter card or too this weekend at: http://scrappingheaven.blogspot.com/2010/03/equinox-and-eggs.html
Becky T said…
Hi Rock,
I have been thinking about the Copic pens and after reading your blog and seeing your samples I think I will have to search some out. Thank you for sharing what markers you started with. When I go to begin something with so much to chose from I become overwhelmed, these suggestions help to cut it to workable tools to learn with. Thank you for sharing.
For those who want more info or video tutorials and charts check Suzanne Dean's blog site here
http://scrapbitz-tutorialsandtemplates.blogspot.com/2009/10/copic-video-tutorials-copic-tips-video.html

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download