Operation Write Home- Christmas


(click on photo to enlarge)

Thank you Christie at http://creationsbychristie.blogspot.com/ for the idea!
I did this above Christmas set of about 15 cards today with the Lovebird (digital image by Jennifer Aho, 2010) for Operation Write home.
http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom

If you have some surplus (perhaps left over from last year?) blank handmade Holiday cards, consider sending them on to Operation Write Home so the troops can use them to send to their families in 2010. Due deadline is Oct 31. 2010. That is soon-- so get crackin! :)

Email the shippers listed on the left side of the OWH webpage to be sure of what they need. My shipper said cards that are different from each other are preferred right now over sending a massive identical set. This is because we are getting closer to that Oct 31 deadline. Keep that in mind. Having them all designed differently would actually be a GOOD thing for stash use! Use one basic card layout idea but change out the papers and accents. Think scraps and odds and ends winter embellishments/accents! Remember NO GLITTER!!

Need a basic card sketch to use? Try this one
http://www.pagemaps.com/images/2010/sept/cardmaps/sept10-7x5c.jpg
Your sentiment can be computer printed! In fact they favor that over handwritten.


(click on photo to enlarge)

I am also sending them some manly Thank You cards seen here. I am still in the process as you can see with the buttons. But I thought these might come in handy for some soldier too--man or woman! Thanks to our troops overseas for all they do. Being away from loved ones is never easy and the holidays are especially hard.

I will be making another design this afternoon and will add it to this blog post when done!

(posted later...Here it is! Winter Boots handcolored with Copic markers. (Digital design by Jennifer Aho, 2010)



Can you spare a card or two? Please do!

Comments

Linda W. said…
Hooray Rock! My scrapbook/card making group and I have been doing this for about as long as the war has been going on. Right at this moment I have over 55 all different cards of my own being assembled in my craft room for delivery to the troops. My hubbie even gets into the action and makes up envelopes for each! What an awesome cause!
Unknown said…
These are so GREAT!!! I'm so glad that so many got in the spirit and made some cards for our fine heroes! You really ROCK!!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download