Out of the packet and into an album!

January is Get Organized month on Scrapperschallenge and we want you to GET BUSY and get organized. Starting with your photo backlog....

Let's face facts. Everyone is basically "behind" their scrapbooking from where they would like to be. We know that. LOL We very rarely hear of someone who is all caught up to wherever they would like to be. I am not about problems. I am about solutions to problems. If your backlog of photos is bugging you then let's do something solid about it. Lets think of ways to get your wonderful event and family photos out of storage boxes and developers paper packets into ALBUMS!

Have you considered speeding yourself along with these types of sleeve pages/protectors? They are made by a couple companies but these shown are from We R Memory Keepers



They are even on sale right now HERE! Good deal!

We advocated using these in 2006 with our Unit by Unit challenge. I think Ali Edwards? shared the general idea a few years ago in some narrower 2 up and 3 up albums. No nonsense and speedy. Some people thought it was 'cheating'. I think it is a solution to a dilema for many people!

I like to keep my albums 12x12 so I prefer the protectors shown rather than smaller albums with slip in sleeves but hey go for what YOU like! You can do a WHOLE ALBUM with these divided protectors by using the long slots for your titles on cardstock or by reserving one of the 4x6 photo squares for a title, some journaling or for themed accent pieces. You can still use up some of your stash when making these speedy albums.

I did save time recently with my daughter's travel album to Germany and Switzerland by inserting a few of these pages right in with my "real" scrapbook pages. She and her fiance' had taken literally dozens and dozens of marble statue pics at a museum. I just chose 24 photos that showcased different styles of statues and then used 2 of these six-on-a-page-and six-more-on-the-back protector sheets to showcase those 24 photos. I did not have to spend tons of time making up to 7 standard pages for them. I saved myself HOURS! Yet, she can still see, share, and enjoy them in the chronological context of the rest of her trip album!

Using this kind of protector page to make an entire album in a 12x12 binder will save you days of scrapbooking time. Literally hundreds of hours ....and allow you to get your photos into a viewable, enjoyable format! You can then use this binder album to store those photos for as long as you like without ever making a "real" page. However most of us want to have "real" cardstock and accent pages too. Feel free to add those as you like as often as you have time for. But start here!

What a relief to simply have your photos safe. It is fast and viewable and still scrapbooked to whatever level YOU have time for and enjoy! You could get all your developed photos into albums in just a few months this way. No more backlog. You decide if you want a 12x12 layout or two at the beginning of each event or section as a introduction to that unit. You can have the best of both worlds --and no more stress!

This is the year to actually get it done! Change your thinking about SHOULD and get on with ENJOY!
:)
Rock

Comments

Raven said…
Your link to the deal did not work for me :-(

I really would like to try one of these albums with these sleeves. Thanks for the post.
Esther said…
Sounds like a great solution for me. I will be trying this as soon as I can order the sleeves.
Links should be fixed now, THanks!

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download