Planning a Wedding Album :)



Wedding Albums! Let's talk!
We are so excited our daughter got engaged this spring (on May Day!) We couldn't be more happy with her choice. He is a great guy. Hurray!!! Love it.

So now the fun begins for a scrapping mom! ....Wedding albums! One of my favorite things to create! We are going to need three of them: one for my hubby and I, one for my daughter and her (next year) hubby, and one for his parents. So I am off and planning a fantastic wedding album-- in triplicate! YES TRIPLICATE! I did my son's four years ago in duplicate--one for him and his lovely bride and one for my hubby and I to keep. But this time I am going triplicate so the in-laws have one if they want it too.

Goals:
Goal #1 Create a beautiful, memorable, and personal gift
Goal # 2 Use what I have in my stockpiles
Goal # 3 Knock their socks off design wise without breaking my bank. After all we do have to pay for the REST of the event, right? ;)

Supplies:
Paper:
Its a woodland theme with earth-related colors so am using all my paper stash up in the three main color schemes of brown, green and blue. I am very excited about whittling down my stash significantly with this project!
Accents:
I also plan to use any wedding and love themed accent items I still have in my stash of doodads-- and make other things with my Cricut. Love metal and ribbon so those will also play a big accent role. Again trying to look at my stash first. I went through my accent stash last week and I have about two grocery sacks set aside in the right themes and colors.
Adhesives:
These will be my standard Duck Brand Easy Stick red tape runners and my Glue Dots for heavier items..
Albums:
I purchased three identical at our local store on the "buy 2 get one free" special. I chose Making Memories 12x12 brown leather like below. All three are the same. Aprox $60 for total of three albums.


Next stop: Planning the album layout sets. ...See next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download