To Do Lists as long as Pinocchio's nose....

Sometimes in the middle of summer I just feel like sitting. Heck I do it in the winter also...But it always puzzles me in the summer when this mode strikes me. There is so, SO much to do. Stuff that I don't care for--sure--but also so many FUN things too. My to do list has lots on it in all kinds of areas. Some would be very fun, some not...so why do I just feel like reading a novel?

Why do I feel a bit rebellious about the laundry basket in front of me? Why do I blog instead of getting up to garden? Why do I look for more creative ideas online than actually DOING the projects I have ready to work on in my studio? I love to organize. Why am I not doing it right now? Big sigh. Am I trying to 'rest' up after all the turmoil of our community losing Bryan? Am I concerned about how to help the others? Why do I go out to lunch instead of making a simple sandwich at home? Why am I tired? Am I trying to psych myself up for August and all the college hoopla? Am I tired of putting on my game face? Am I feeling stuck between certain decisions? Am I stymied by my lack of HTML skills? Am I too lazy to even enumerate my huge TO DO list? Why can't I even enjoy sorting out my colorful, tactile, creative stash of ribbons and fibers? Am I crabby? Am I bored?

Yes.

all of the above.

So what should I do to solve this?
I will do what I often do. Make a list. Get up off my fanny. MOVE.
Ok here is the list. It's my version of "the first step".

TO DO:

fold laundry basket of clothes x 3-done
vitamin box set up-done
order Scwanns for Jn delivery-done
baby book-pink-for shauna
deliver shauna's album-jy
baby book-pink-for sarah
mail sarah's album out
paperwork on P
donate Jean Auel books to library-done
call Jody B about angel dolls for Ronald McDonald House-done
vacuum living room-done
take dd to sign Eagles papers-done
Clinic paperwork @ shots done
Payment info for college done for Mike
dishes in kitchen-done
clear dining table off-done
mail package to my mom-done
address 2 envelopes to send-done
get prize boxes for SC winners ready- done
pack up Grma's books
sort beads-tue am-done
clear Jy desk-done
clear work desk off-done
clear work table off-done
clear studio desk off
clear cutting desk off
clear computer desk off--do you see a trend here?
work on bridal layout for client-done
mail another bridal layout for client-done
read novel
deliver Laurie's items, B&B cd
take a nap-done
make something to take to T's for dinner-done
water garden-done
water borders-done
clear floor in studio of baskets....why do I love containers?
sort photos rec'd in mail this week
finish red ST set
finish blue ST set
upload 2 more ST sets to ebay
Help dd with her wall quilt
make dd bed quilt
donate items out of laundry room craft stuff
Give R his gift
make page kits for band pages
make pages kits for Bryan's band book for his mom-3 done
clean garage
clean planting corner out
mail font links to SC-Done
write V a thank you note-done
print out new 3 months calendar July-Aug-Sept-done
photograph new "Sweet Teen" ebay items-done
list new Sweet Teen items for wed-wed sales-done!
read magazines and toss to recycle -done
Room review for Aeryn-done
burn cheer squad cds for girlsx12-done
Room review for Dawn Rhodes
post pics to Facebook-done

Ok I am worn out just listing it. LOL
Start small, kathy, start small....

Ok magazines first....
Rock

Comments

Anonymous said…
Chin up mom!

love you!!!
angela said…
Kudos! You have completely cheered up a like mind! Just think....there is a lot you have already marked off. You are doing GREAT!

Now sit...have a beverage and READ a book...RELAX!

You deserve it!

Popular posts from this blog

A Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt

Paper Stash Storage Solutions: 1- 12 inches of paper

Hall of Heroes dingbats download